Are you looking for a new way to spice up your diet and lose weight? Well, look no further! This blog post has 14 healthy food recipes that will help you reach all of your fitness goals. These easy-to-make dishes are not only delicious, but they are also quick enough so that anyone can enjoy them in their busy schedule!
Healthy Snack Recipes: Apple Crisp
This recipe combines cranberries with apples and crisp topping to deliver flavor without all the sugar normally associated with desserts. The result is a unique treat that will keep your body in tip-top shape while satisfying your sweet tooth at the same time!
Ingredients: ½ cup mini marshmallows; ¼ cup crispy rice cereal; ½ tsp. cinnamon; 2 large Granny Smith apples (diced); 3 cups fresh cranberries; 1 ⅓ cups granola
- In a small saucepan, combine ¼ cup water and marshmallows and stir over medium heat until melted. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 2 Tbsp of the remaining water in a large pot with diced apples. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes on low-medium heat or until soft potato cubes are tender but not mushy. Add cranberries during the last 5 minutes of cooking time; mix well with remaining ingredients.
- Cornstarch Mixture * Mix together ⅕ cup cornstarch, ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ tsp salt and ¾ cup of water until smooth. Add into the saucepan with apples and cranberries. Stir occasionally while cooking for 10-15 minutes or until thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180°C). Combine the rest of ingredients in a greased 9×13 baking dish; stir together until well combined. Pour apple mixture over batter and bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Let cool before serving so the topping doesn’t get soggy, especially if you wish to store it in an airtight container overnight.
Healthy Food Recipes: Omelette
Omelettes are a healthy breakfast food you can enjoy without many calories! They’re also easy to prepare and healthy alternatives to scrambled eggs which are usually high in cholesterol. This healthy food recipe uses non-fat ingredients that will offer you a solid start to your morning without weighing you down!
Ingredients: 3 eggs; ¼ cup skim milk; 1 Tbsp. salsa; 1/4 tsp salt.
Topping Ideas: Sliced tomatoes; Shredded cheese; Diced green peppers
- Mix together all the ingredients in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat up some oil over medium heat and pour egg mixture into the pan, flattening out with the back of a spatula or spoon as it cooks.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the bottom begins to brown lightly, then flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the topping of your choice, or enjoy it plain.
Healthy Salad Recipes: Cheese Salad
This healthy food recipe will give you whipped up healthy ingredients that are flavorful with a little bit of imagination! You’ll definitely want to try out this healthy food for yourself because it’s so easy and delicious!
Ingredients: 1/8 cup light sour cream; 4 oz chopped water chestnuts; 2 cups hot spinach leaves; ⅔ cup carrots (cooked); ½ avocado (chopped); ¼ tsp pepper sauce; 1 Tbsp lemon juice.
- Blend sour cream, water chestnuts and spinach together in a bowl until a smooth mixture forms.
- Add carrots, avocado, pepper sauce and lemon juice; stir together until ingredients form a salad.
- Mix well before serving. Enjoy healthy food!
Healthy Salad Recipes: Broccoli Salad
This healthy food recipe is easy to make with healthy ingredients that meet your dietary needs as well as tastes great! This dish will keep you healthy and satisfied, so try it out today!
Ingredients: ½ cup sunflower seeds; 1 Tbsp. sugar; 1 tsp mayonnaise; 2 cups broccoli (chopped); ¼ cup raisins; 3 Tbsp. oil dressing; ⅓ cup almonds (chopped)*.
*The nuts can be replaced with walnuts if desired
- Place chopped broccoli in a bowl of cold water with lemon juice for at least 5 minutes to prevent discoloration.
- Then drain and pat dry before adding remaining ingredients.
- Mix well and serve healthy food!
Healthy Salad Recipes: Chicken Salad
Chicken salad is healthy food that goes great with healthy breads or crackers, providing you with a healthy start to your day!
Ingredients: 3 cups chopped cooked chicken; ½ cup almonds (chopped); 1 bell pepper (chopped); 2 Tbsp. boiled egg (chopped); 4 stalks celery (chopped); 2 green onions; 1 apple (cored).*
*Always peel apple skins before eating
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except for celery.
- Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed and healthy food is formed.
- Serve healthy food!
Healthy Snack Recipes: Ketchup Chips
Ingredients: 1 cup whole grain rice flour; 2 tsp sugar (can be substituted with an artificial sweetener); ¼ tsp salt; 1 ½ cups water; 2 Tbsp. margarine; 1 container tomato ketchup (rough chop); 2 cups wheat bran cereal (crushed).*
*Crushing cereal can be done in food processor or blender
- Mix rice flour, sugar, salt and water together until a dough forms with no lumps remaining.
- Stir in margarine until well blended.
- Heat up oil at medium heat for frying chips and drop spoonfuls of dough into hot oil to fry until browned on each side and cooked through.
- Remove healthy food from heat and mix in chopped ketchup with fried healthy food before serving a healthy snack!
Healthy Salad Recipes: Dried Cranberries Salad
Ingredients: ½ cup whole almonds; 1 tsp mustard powder; 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce (washed); 1 regular sized tomato (cut into small pieces); ⅓ cup dried cranberries.*
*Dried cranberries may be replaced with raisins if desired
- Mix almonds, mustard powder, lettuce and tomato together in a bowl until ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add the dried cranberries to the mixture before serving a healthy food snack!
Healthy Snack Recipes: Chocolate Nut Clusters
Ingredients: 1 cup sugar; ½ cup margarine; 100 grams (3.5 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips; 2 cups wheat bran cereal (crushed); 1 cup whole almonds (chopped).*
*Almonds can be substituted with walnuts if desired
- Combine all ingredients except for the semi-sweet chocolate chips into a bowl at once to combine ingredients and form healthy food clusters.
- Slowly add semi-sweet chocolate chips to the healthy food mixture while mixing using a fork or spoon and continue to mix until the healthy food is completely coated in chocolate.
- Remove healthy snacks from the heat source and allow healthy foods to cool before serving!
Healthy Snack Recipes: Cinnamon Apple Chips
This recipe helps you have a healthy snack at school, work, on a road trip, or anywhere else where healthy foods are lacking! Not only is this healthy recipe tasty, but it’s also healthy for your body as it promotes a healthy immune system function.
Ingredients: 2 cups apple juice; 2 medium sized apples (peeled); ½ tsp cinnamon sugar powder.**
**Cinnamon sugar can be substituted with an artificial sweetener
- Stir apple juice and healthy ingredients together in a bowl until ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the healthy food mixture.
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper or foil to prevent healthy food from sticking to the tray.
- Bake at 250˚F for approximately 45 minutes, or until the mixture is completely dried out and appears as if they have been baked into chips.
- Once healthy foods have cooled down after being removed from the heat source, sprinkle dry ingredients over top of healthy snacks before serving!
Healthy Food Recipes: Curried Chicken Salad Sandwich
Ingredients: 2 tbsp healthy mayonnaise; 1 healthy chicken breast (cooked and chopped); ¼ cup healthy dill relish; 1 healthy green onion (chopped fine).*
*Green onions can be substituted with chives or yellow onions if desired.
- Combine all healthy ingredients into a bowl, mix ingredients together until healthy foods are evenly mixed in healthy food mixture.
- Once the ingredients have been combined to create a healthy food salad, serve immediately and enjoy!
Healthy Food Recipes: Simple Tomato Soup
This recipe for simple tomato soup is not only healthy but it’s also healthy & delicious! You can even modify this healthy food recipe by adding meats like chicken or bacon to make it a healthy, complete meal! This healthy recipe is perfect for the whole family and it’s healthy to eat as well. Enjoy this healthy tomato soup today!
Ingredients: ½ tbs butter (or healthy fat); 3 cups water; ½ cup healthy whole milk; 1 healthy celery stalk (finely diced); ½ healthy medium sized onion (finely chopped); 2 cups canned diced tomatoes; 1 healthy bay leaf; ¼ tsp healthy ground black pepper.
- In a stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat.
- Melt healthy ingredients together until onions are clear and mixture is thoroughly heated through.
- Add water, soup, milk, pepper and tomatoes to the pot and allow the contents in the pot to boil for about 15 minutes or until it has reached a healthy boiling point.
- Reduce heat to low where burner is still on medium-heat setting, add in healthy bay leaf and reduce temperature again by turning down the knob on stove from high-heat setting to medium-heat setting.
- Allow healthy food recipes to simmer on the stove for an additional 20 minutes or until healthy food ingredients are tender and healthy soup is not boiling anymore.
- Take healthy ingredients out of the pot when healthy foods are completely cooked through and serve immediately!
Healthy Snack Recipes: Baked Bagel Chips
Ingredients: 4 bagels, sliced into at least 24 thin circles (2 tablespoons each) 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, 1/4 cup of olive oil and pepper to taste. This healthy recipe serves 8 people.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Put the baking pan into the preheated oven for 15 minutes to get it hot.
- Brush bagel slices with olive oil then sprinkle them generously with salt and pepper or garlic powder.
- Arrange bagel slices in a single layer onto a hot baking pan then place the baking pan again into the oven for 5 minutes until bagel chips are slightly golden brown.
- Turn the heat down to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), flip the bagel chips over and continue baking for another 5 minutes until they are completely golden brown.
- This healthy recipe can be used as healthy snacks or appetizers.
Healthy Food Recipes: Caramelized Onion Dip
Ingredients: 1 (16 ounce) container of fat free sour cream, 1 cup of shredded Monterey Jack cheese, 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth , 4 green onions with tops chopped finely, 3 tablespoons of your favorite dry Italian seasoning mix , 8 ounces of crumbled goat cheese and pepper to taste. This healthy recipe serves 12 people.
- Mix together sour cream and shredded Monterey Jack cheese in a large-size mixing bowl.
- Stir in chicken broth and Italian seasoning mix.
- Mix until ingredients are well combined then cover the bowl and set it aside in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (it is best if you let it chill overnight).
- Before serving, microwave the dip on high for 2 to 3 minutes or until warm.
- Top with crumbled goat cheese, chopped green onions and pepper.
Healthy Food Recipes: Chicken Egg Rolls
Ingredients: 4 cups of cooked chicken strips, 3 green onions chopped finely, 1 cup of all-purpose flour sifted together with a pinch of salt, pepper and garlic powder, 3 large eggs lightly beaten, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, 1/2 cup of water plus seasoning mix (equal parts salt, pepper and garlic powder), 8 (8 inch) spring roll wrappers, vegetable oil for frying and healthy dip. This healthy recipe serves 4 people.
- Drain any fat from cooked chicken strips then chop them into small pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with chopped green onions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat then pour in about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil which will prevent the egg rolls from sticking to the pan.
- Pour all-purpose flour onto your work surface and spread it out as flat as you can using a fork or spatula.
- Dip the tips of each wrapper first into egg mixture beaten with a pinch each salt, pepper and garlic powder then place the chicken mixture on top of it.
- Roll the healthy egg roll up and repeat with remaining wrappers, egg mixture and chicken strips .
- Once the oil is hot enough over medium heat (about 350 degrees F), fry healthy egg rolls until golden brown, about 1 minute per side. This healthy recipe can be served as a healthy appetizer or healthy snack!
A healthy recipe blog post that provides 14 quick and delicious recipes. The recipes are quick to prepare and tasty to eat, perfect for a busy weeknight dinner or lunch on the go! All of these easy to make meals will satisfy your taste buds without breaking the bank.
It’s important to be mindful about what you put into your body so we included some of our best tips in order to keep it simple when cooking at home with kids around (or just simply being away from the kitchen). In case you are busy working but still want to enjoy healthy and delicious foods, here are our tips when you are on the go.
Have fun trying out this new batch of fast food-healthy dishes! We hope they help add variety to your weekly menu plan!